Filter News

13 Injured In β€˜Horrific’ Drive-By Mass Shooting In Roseland, Police Say

πŸ“° Block Club Chicago πŸ• June 21, 2026 at 8:29 AM

ROSELAND β€” At least 13 people were injured when two people opened fire on a large crowd gathered in Roseland Friday night in what the local alderman called a β€œsenseless shooting.”

At about 11:08 p.m. Friday, a red SUV pulled up on a large group of people gathered in the 200 block of West 95th Street in the Princeton Park neighborhood of Roseland, according to police. Two people inside the SUV then opened fire on on the crowd before the fleeing the area, police said.

The victims’ ages range from 17 to 47, with most victims transporting themselves to local hospitals. Here are the 13 injuries as reported by police:

  • A 32-year-old woman was shot twice in her back and was taken by first responders to Christ Hospital in good condition.
  • A 44-year-old man with graze wounds to his back was taken by ambulance to the University of Chicago Hospital in good condition.
  • A 38-year-old woman with graze wounds took herself to Little Company of Mary Hospital in fair condition.
  • A 47-year-old man was shot in his knee and took himself to Little Company of Mary Hospital in fair condition.
  • A 36-year-old woman was shot several times and took herself to Christ Hospital in fair condition.
  • A 32-year-old man was shot in his head and took himself to Christ Hospital in fair condition.
  • A 32-year-old woman was shot several times and took herself to Christ Hospital in fair condition.
  • A 17-year-old boy was shot in his thigh and took himself to Trinity Hospital in critical condition.
  • A 30-year-old man was shot several times and took himself to to Trinity Hospital in fair condition.
  • A 27-year-old man was shot several times and took himself to Trinity Hospital in fair condition.
  • A 22-year-old woman was shot in her thigh and took herself to the University of Chicago Hospital in fair condition.
  • A 26-year-old man was shot several times and took himself to the University of Chicago Hospital in critical condition.
  • A 26-year-old man refused medical treatment with β€œunknown injuries,” police said.

It is Chicago’s largest mass shooting so far in 2026, city data shows.

Mayor Brandon Johnson spoke out against Friday’s burst of violence, calling the Juneteenth mass shooting β€œheartbreaking” in an X thread.

β€œI am heartbroken by the violence in Princeton Park last night,” the mayor posted.
”What should have been a night of celebration and community reflection for Juneteenth was shattered by a horrific act of violence. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their loved ones.”

Johnson went on to thank the β€œswift, lifesaving work” of police officers and first responders.

Ald. Anthony Beale (9th) said the shooting is a reminder of β€œthe cruel reality of the mindless menace of gun violence in our city.

β€œIt does not just wound those caught in its crossfire; it steals a measure of joy from every
block it touches and chips away at the sense of security that binds communities together,” Beale, whose ward includes the area where the shooting took place, said in a statement. β€œWe will grieve with the victims, stand with their families, and hold fast to the belief that violence does not get the final word β€” whether in Princeton Park or anywhere in Chicago.”


Support Local News!

Subscribe to Block Club Chicago, an independent, 501(c)(3), journalist-run newsroom. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods. Already subscribe?Β Click here to gift a subscription, or you can support Block Club with a tax-deductible donation.

Listen to the Block Club Chicago podcast:

https://feeds.simplecast.com/qM5NtVST